Quick start guide
Using your new eccount is easy. It works like any bank account and you can easily manage your day-to-day banking needs.
We can usually confirm your identity and address details electronically during your application. In some instances, we may require some additional information from you before we can approve your application and open your eccount.
Please send us a copy of photo ID in your name and proof of address; we accept the following documents:
Photo ID – a photocopied or scanned copy from the list below:
- The photo page of your passport
- Your UK photocard driving licence
- Your EEA Identity Card
Proof of address - an original document dated within the last 3 months from the list below:
- Mortgage/bank/credit card statement
- Evidence of entitlement to a state or local authority-funded benefit
- Utility bill
- Council tax demand (dated within the last 12 months)
- Valid Vehicle Registration Certificate (copy acceptable)
Please send your documents to:
Post: eccount money, PO BOX 3753, Chester CH1 9UH
Fax: 01244 676 319
Once your application has been approved and your eccount is open you will receive your eccount number and bank account details.
Paying in by bank transfer
|eccount number:||This is your unique eccount number, printed on the bottom of your card.|
|Account Name:||Your Name|
Paying in at PayPoint outlets or Post Office branches
Simply take your eccount money prepaid VISA card and the cash you wish to pay in to your local PayPoint or Post Office branch. You cannot pay in cheques at PayPoint or Post Office.
Paying Cheques into your eccount
You can pay in cheques using our postal cheque cashing service. Simply follow these steps:
- Write your eccount number and name on the reverse of the cheque you wish to pay in
- Send your cheque to: eccount money, PO BOX 3779, Chester. CH1 9YG.
- Your cheque will be processed and paid into your eccount within 10 working days.
Fees may apply to some paying in methods. See paying in for more details.
When you open an eccount money current account you will receive a Chip and PIN VISA prepaid card. You can use this card to spend in any retailer in the UK or worldwide where you see the VISA Brand Mark.