Our Approach to Security
When it comes to your financial information, your security is our top priority and when you access your e-money account, it is important that we know it is you. Here are some of the ways we do that:
Login details – we provide you online login details unique to you, to protect yourself we recommend you do not share them.
Memorable Questions – If you contact our customer services team, we may ask you to confirm who you are by asking for certain digits of either your 4 digit secret number or password.
Providing Information – we will never ask you for your PIN number. If we ask about your online password or secret number we would only ever request certain digits and would never ask for them in their entirety. We will always first send you an email if we are trying to contact you.
How to Report Fraud
If you notice something suspicious and believe it could be fraudulent, you should contact us as soon as you become aware of it using the telephone number or email address provided.
Reporting Fraud: 0203 219 3119
Lost or Stolen Cards: 0207 101 6599 (Available 24 hours a day)
Suspicious Emails: 0207 078 2719
How to Protect Yourself from Fraud
Help to keep yourself safe from fraudsters by following the tips below. Remember, if you are ever unsure, don’t act. A genuine company will never rush you to take action.
Always make sure your mobile telephone number and email address registered with us is up to date, we will use these to contact you if we notice unusual activity on your e-money account.
Some Tips for Using Your E-money Account and Prepaid Card Safely
When accessing your e-money account online:
- Use an antivirus software and firewall.
- Make sure you keep your computer and browser up to date.
- Use secure networks.
- Use strong passwords.
- Don’t share any passwords including one-time passwords sent to you.
When using a mobile application:
- Only install apps from recognised app stores.
- Consider the app ratings and reviews.
- Be aware of what permissions you are granting.
- Treat your phone as your wallet.
When shopping online or in a store:
- When using an online retailer for the first time, do some research to make sure that they are genuine.
- Do not reply to unsolicited emails from companies you don’t recognise.
- Before entering your prepaid card details, make sure the link is secure. There should be a padlock symbol in the browser frame window which appears when you login or register, if this appears on the page rather than the browser it may indicate a fraudulent website. The web address should begin with https://, the ‘s’ stands for secure.
- Always log out of website after use. Simply closing your browser is not enough to ensure your data is safe.
- Keep your PIN safe and do not share it.
- When entering your PIN, check for people around you and hide your PIN number.
- Always check your statements.
Remember, if you decide to donate, resell or recycle an old mobile phone, computer, laptop or tablet, make sure you fully remove all data and apps first as otherwise these may be accessed by whoever your device is passed to.